EMC’s IONIX UIMp uses the ECOM and SMI-S provider services on the Celerra when performing a discovery of a vBlock registered in UIMp.
During a Celerra Control Station upgrade the ECOM and SMI-S provider services will be disabled and they are not normally re-enabled by EMC afterwards.
If your vBlock is being upgraded, don’t forget to remind EMC to re-enable the services, or you can do it yourself by following these instructions:
- ssh to primary control station
- make a backup of the /nas/sys/nas_mcd.cfg file
- edit the nas_mcd.cfg file
- scroll down to the end of the file
- uncomment all the SMIS and CIM daemon services:
- daemon “cim server”
- daemon “cim conf”
- daemon “SMISPlugin Log Trimmer”
- daemon “SMIS securitylog.txt Log Trimmer”
- daemon “SMIS HTTP_trace.log Log Trimmer”
- daemon “SMIS cimomlog.txt Log Trimmer”
- save your changes
- reboot your primary control station
- wait for primary to come back up and verify it is listening on port 5989 — netstat -an|grep “5989”
- reboot your secondary control station and verify it is listening on port 5989 — netstat -an|grep “5989”
Run a re-discovery of your vBlock and the control station discovery should pass now.